[Secret] How to Rank your video on YouTube
I have a secretive method to get on the first page of YouTube.
This is the Methods that everyone is looking for and I promise that these ideas will make you stop whatever you’re doing and start working immediately in order to achieve satisfactory results. Remember read this article till the end because I am going to share exactly what I did in order to get 60K + subscribers to my YouTube Channel and bring more than 10 videos on the first page of YouTube Search.
But before we start at first and foremost, you have to define your goal:
- Do you want to get millions of view on youtube and become a star?
- You just want to rank your video on YouTube and make money by referring or reviewing products and services?
It's very important to understand and define your goals because it will change your strategy going forward.
I am hoping that you have defined your goal and ready to dive into my article in order to learn some secrets.
But before we start…
first, we have to understand how does YouTube rank its videos? And what are the factors they consider in order to rank videos on YouTube?
Factor 1: the content displayed in the video
The most important factor is the quality of the content displayed in the video.
YouTube tries to match each viewer to the videos they are most likely to watch and enjoy. With over 400 hours of video uploaded every minute, that can be a challenge. YouTube’s recommendations systems provide a real-time feedback loop to cater to each viewer and their varying interests. YouTube goal is to get people to watch more videos that they enjoy so that they come back to YouTube regularly.
You have to take into account the following points in any video uploaded on YouTube.
Video’s value proposition
Videos are among the most versatile tactics content marketers can leverage. For starters, they can be cooked up, loaded up, cut up, and served up in a wide variety of ways.
- Work well in both long and short formats — from 6-second Vine videos to full-length documentary films, and everywhere in between
- Be timely, standalone statement pieces or ongoing serialized conversations that unfold over time
- Be presented as the main course or served as a pre-roll advertising appetizer
- Thrive in virtually any content platform — e.g., your website, blog, or other owned channels; in emails; on third-party video sites like YouTube; or inside SlideShare presentations and webinars
- Be well suited to be consumed on both the desktop and mobile environments
- Be repackaged, repurposed, and republished in conjunction with your other relevant content efforts
- Be archived for the ages or produced on the fly as live-streaming events on messaging platforms like Meerkat or Periscope
- Be imminently shareable on social networks, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
Creators often ask, “What kind of videos does the algorithm like most?” YouTube have no opinion about what type of video you make, and doesn’t favor any particular format.
Rather, they try their best to follow the audience by paying attention to things like:
- what they watch
- what they don’t watch
- how much time they spend watching
- likes and dislikes
- ‘not interested’ feedback
Content must be 100% exclusive and non-copyrighted from another video
2. Preferably the video should be an MP4 format
3. It’s preferred if the Image display is at least 1280 x720
4. Make sure you make the video longer than the one in first position on YouTube
5. The video file’s name must have the targeted keyword, as seen in the picture below :
Factor 2: internal improvements for the video (ON-VIDEO SEO)
This factor also considered one of the most important factors affecting the arrangement of any video on YouTube, if you optimize your video in a perfect way you are guaranteed to appear on the first page with 30% higher chances compared to non-optimised videos.
Video title: You should always begin your video title with the keyword you want to target, it's advised that the title should be short and precise, you can add 1 or 2 words that grab the user to go on your video instead of others as seen in the following picture :
Video Description: Description should be attractive and thorough, and you should start your description with something that makes the viewer want to choose your video to watch.
Then, at the end of the description, add all the keywords related to your target keyword, as shown in the following picture:
You can use Soovle: a tool for finding keywords related to your keyword.
It’s the best free tool you can use.
It is advised to always add the link to your video and your channel link in the Description.
Now let's move on to the secrets
YouTube does consider user engagement as well (like the number of views, views in common and user “retention”) but tagging is the *first* step to ranking your video in YouTube search results.
A most scientific (but still useful to start brainstorming) approach to classifying YouTube tags groups all the tags as follows:
- Generic relationship between the tag and video content: Tag identifies what the video is of at its most primary and objective level — no subject specific knowledge is needed to make this distinction (e.g. a video of a cat, tagged as ‘cat’ or ‘animal’). General YouTube defined Category or Genre (e.g. Comedy, Entertainment, Music).
- The specific relationship between the tag and video content: Tag identifies what video is about. Familiarity or some existing knowledge is needed to make this connection (this may be about names, locations, venues, etc).
- Irrelevant/Non Useful Tags (those may vary from attention-grabbing and misspelt tags to conjunctions and prepositions).
Obviously, the top 2 classes of tags should all be considered for ranking for various types of search queries.
Now let's look at how you can get the most relevant tags for your video with the least amount of effort.
Step 1# Go to https://rapidtags.io/generator/
Step 2# Copy Paste your video title in the text field.
Step 3# Hit the search button. Enjoy :)
Tags are the second most important factor in improving the video internally after the title. It is chosen carefully selected to ensure the benefit from them as much as possible, by applying the following steps.
Choose between 5 and 15 keywords, is always recommended to add 5 video titles of the more popular videos as tags in your video
This will make sure your video is displayed on the suggested Videos next to other videos and increase the chances of your video getting views.
Also add the most important keywords related to your keyword in the tags box, and it is advised not to surpass 10 words of these keywords .
Fact: If you want to create a new channel and accelerate the process of your videos appearing on the first page results on YouTube you have to get the largest number of Internal Links. From YouTube itself, specifically from the videos with the highest views that have the same concept.
And This is what you will be able to do in a few minutes from now after you check out the following steps.
1. Go to Awario.com
2. And then create a free account for 14 days
3. And choose to monitor any topic
4. Give the search process any name, as shown in the following picture I named it “best web hosting for wordpress”, and then add the most important keywords related to your video.
Make sure to add a few words in Spanish and French, to get more possible results related to the video content that you have just published.
We will use all these results in the next step to get the authority and help your channel and video to climb fast to the first results within a period that won’t exceed 30 days.
You can also define the data source, I have chosen YouTube, Twitter, Google Plus, I have just ignored Facebook and the Web, and then press “Get Mentions”.
After a few minutes, the results will begin to appear on the website, all you have to do is filter it as you like.
First: select all source of the results and then select YouTube only.
Second: sort the results by reach like this
After that you will get videos with the highest Views, and that are related to the niche of your channel.
Then you must link your YouTube channel in the Awario site, that way you can interact with the results that you got. I leave that to you because it's quite straight forward and easy to be done.
1. Choose a video from the left and then click on the Comments Icon.
2. Then leave a comment related to your video without any links and this will help strengthen the channel that you have created by converting the authority of these videos to your new channel.
3. Leave a comment on 20 videos, and this will help your videos to get ranked in the top results in the shortest possible time.
To benefit the most from this method It is preferred that you go to the page of the video on YouTube and leave a comment as an answer to the top comment
Because top comments always appear at the beginning and get authority, for example, the comment №2, better than the comment №79.
This makes YouTube build trust with your channel by making it interact with other videos using comments and Likes, that way it’s not just like the other channels that are added monthly on YouTube with no real content or presence.
Sometimes we forget that the most important thing in any social platform is the interaction and participation, and that’s what makes YouTube distinguish between the active channels and the ones who are not.
You know that very well that backlinks are important for Google in order to rank your website on Google first page. But links pointing to the targeted video is not necessarily what you need to get your video ranked.
YouTube does not depend on backlinks while listing videos but depends on the Social Mentions, which are obtained from various social networking platforms Specifically Twitter and Google Plus.
And that is why we will publish the video link in comments and posts on Twitter and Google Plus both viaAwario platform as shown in the following picture.
Note: Google+ is closing down soon.
Reply with the video link on the largest number of the Tweets and reply also on the largest number of the retweet.
The max number of replies is 30 links a day.
There is another effective way for videos with strong competition and that is to get real replies on Twitter and YouTube.
Use the platforms like “drip revolution” to get replies from real people. You can also go to Fiverr, PeoplePerHour or any other online freelancer websites to look for services with real comments and conversations on sale.
I always advise to get views in the beginning and then Likes, afterwards. Because YouTube reacts to your video once you start getting views then if you receive like its positive and then you can work on getting some of the Subscribers.
This is a very important influential factor.
Trick 1# Take advantage of every opportunity to get the Internal Link from within your YouTube account. It’s very important and has a significant impact on your videos.
Work on your YouTube Channel as if it’s your website. Getting the Internal Link for targeted videos is very necessary, especially with commonly used keywords.
Go on “About” then add the description of the channel and the video link you want using the keyword that compete with them in the box “Links “.
Trick 2# Select “Featured Video” for Channel, which is displayed directly while any new visitor enters the channel and this will help your video capitalize on any comment you leave on any video with Authority as we explained before.
Go on “Studio Creator”, and then “My Channel” then “New Visitors”, and click on “Channel Trailer” and select the video you want to showcase.
Once you arrive at this point you are now able to rank in the first results in the YouTube on any keyword.
If you enjoyed this piece of work then please give me a clap :)